Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Laxmi Ratan Shukla announces retirement from all forms of cricket



All-rounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla announced retirement from all forms of the game on December 30, 2015. Two days after he was named in the Bengal squad for Syed Mushtaq Ali Tournament, the veteran all-rounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla felt it is time to call it a day.

“For last one month, I was not getting the right motivation… Not feeling myself, the link was missing,” he said.


“Mentally, I was not ready to play again. I started having this feeling for about a month and was not able to sleep properly. Now I can sleep peacefully,” “I’m committed to my state Bengal from where I got everything. State is a big pride for all of us. To play for Bengal is the biggest moment of my career. It’s obviously painful but I think it’s the right time for me to go”, Laxmi added.


Shukla brought an end to a successful domestic career with 6217 runs to his name and has picked 172 wickets in 137 matches. He became the first Bengal player to play 100 Ranji Trophy matches. In List A cricket, he has 2997 runs to his name and scalped 143 wickets from 141 games.
Laxmi Ratan Shukla announces retirement from all forms of cricket Reviewed by Deep on 19:37:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by The Crick Blog © 2014 - 2015
Designed by Deep Mehta

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
loading...